Feel free to take a look at my alternative blog 'Neon Doodles'

Thursday 22 September 2011

Revelations

Okay, mini little Whisper for today...
Everything feels mildly surreal. One of the girls I am to be sharing a flat with during my first year of uni has already moved in and it has had a very bizarre effect on me. I wouldn't say I feel scared, but certainly it is starting to hit me just how much I will need to evolve in the next few weeks. Not only will I be starting a new, and very important, portion of my education, but I'll also be expect to cook for myself!
This little revelation while eating my Mother's expertly prepared sausage casserole has spurred me to try and transform my fairly pathetic culinary skill. So I think I shall face the move head on, armed with the several cook books I received for my birthday (I'm starting to think others had little faith in me) =P

More Whispers to follow soon...

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! Don't be afraid to try different things with food. Don't stick rigidly to the recipe books. Be brave, I know you've got it in you! More importantly - stay safe and remember there is always a sausage casserole waiting for you when you get home! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i haven't starved so far so it must be going pretty well =P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ... popped over from your mum's Blog. Though my daughter isn't going to uni, most of her friends have just started....I've had lots of chats with their mums ! One girl had a really really bad start with " roomies " full on party party ( she's getting over Glandular ferver )

    If you get on with Blogging, I think you could see it as a diary to record & look back on. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely one :-)
    Well, there's nothing like necessity to make us creative - and cooking is the perfect outlet for that creativity!
    Though I admit, most of my student meals consisted of baked potato with baked beans; veggie pies from M&S; and mountains of raw food salads and toast !!!
    Oh and plenty of visits to Pizza Express ;-)
    You'll get along just fine I'm sure!
    lots of love,
    xx

    ReplyDelete